Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reunited and it feels so good!

Yesterday evening I went to Wat Suan Dok, the Buddhist temple where I had my internship the last time I was here. I got to see Phra Thong, my old supervisor, who is now Ajaarn Thong, as he dis-robed and is no longer a monk. It was so strange to see him in regular clothes and with long(er) hair!

I got to see a few other monks that were in my classes who are now fourth year students, but most of my students have already graduated and moved on to other things.

Tonight my little sister Lauren graduates from high school. I'm feeling pretty down because I can't be there and my brother Nathan flew in from New York, so today might be a hard day. Missing family events like this is going to be the hardest part of living on a different continent.

1 comments:

Meganace said...

Praying for you sweetie...I hope you find peace about missing Lauren's graduation. I can't believe she's graduating! Love you and miss you! I wish we could have gotten together in Carp or Summerland before you left!