Monday, June 11, 2007

2 Corinthians 8:11-12

A verse from Corinthians that my mom shared with me that really blessed me when I was feeling insecure about my teaching abilities:

"Finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have." II Cor. 8:11-12

This reminded me that if my heart is willing and ready to give and serve my students, that God will in turn bless that effort. It is only the second week of classes and I feel a little frustrated that my students aren't learning; I need to remember that nobody expects me to be perfect.

1 comments:

nate said...

We're definitely made from the same cloth: I'm much too hard on myself also...