Monday, June 25, 2007

Five versions of the same story.

I had a mission a few weeks ago to find the Humanities Academic Services Center, the organization which arranges supplemental English programs. I wanted to pick up a tutoring job or two to add to my monthly income and was told that this is the place to go.

So now the complicated part of the process began: finding the building where the center is located. I asked around the office and was told at least five different locations. I checked them all out and still couldn't find the building. I was beginning to doubt that it even existed, so I wrote a note to one of the professors in charge of the program.

Yesterday I finally found the building. It is located just up the road from the main English department building, about 2 minutes away from my very own office. I had been traipsing all over this enormous campus when the right place was just a few steps away. I checked with the staff of the center and it sounded like nothing was available right now. Oh well. Maybe next month.

0 comments: