Monday, August 13, 2007

Mii dok maay laew.



Finally, after more than two months of searching, I found orchid plants that were available for purchase. Orchids are a native flower in Thailand and grow almost everywhere; however, it was extremely difficult to find any plants that were for sale. I went to two different flower markets by the river, searched up and down a street where there were rumored to be sellers, and asked around, but to no avail.

Yesterday I went to Tesco Lotus, the Thai equivalent of a Costco, and lo and behold! There were several little gardening stores, one of which had beautiful, brightly-colored orchids for sale. I was pretty much beside myself with excitement and it took me a long time to decide what colors to get.

I have been wanting something alive in my apartment for a long time. I almost bought a rabbit the other day. Seriously. I stood in front of the rabbit cages for about fifteen minutes, pondering. But I didn't buy a bunny. My apartment building doesn't allow pets. Ha ha. I don't even really like rabbits.

Before I move on to the added responsibility of a pet (perhaps a goldfish) I am going to see how I do with my plants.

0 comments: