Sunday, August 26, 2007

Awwwwwwkward.

I went to Thanoon Kohn Doon, the Sunday night walking street to go Christmas shopping and caught a taxi for the ride home. On hopped three middle-aged women and one guy who looked to be about my age. I smiled and struck up a conversation. The ladies were delighted that I could speak Thai and immediately started gushing about how beautiful I was. (I think it was the fact that I can speak Thai that made me so beautiful). I waied and thanked them for all the profusive compliments.

Then things started to get awkward. One of the ladies asked me how old I was. Next she asked me if I had a boyfriend. After I responded (twenty-two and no, respectively), she exclaimed, "Great! You can marry my son! He is twenty-two as well." Did I mention that the son was sitting right next to me? His mother practically proposed marriage for the two of us while he was innocently trying to get home. He didn't seemed nonplussed in the slightest and proceeded to ask for my phone number. I was internally flustered but luckily the taxi pulled over at my stop and I didn't have time to give it to him. Too bad. It might have been love.

0 comments: