Monday, August 13, 2007

George W. Bush in the flesh.

My ENG 103 classes had presentations due today. They had to create a TV program that was both "creative" and "constructive," and then present part of the program as a role-play to the rest of the class.

One group of three boys in my 2:30 class had some sort of... game show? I'm not exactly sure what it was supposed to be, I had a hard time following the plot... if there was a plot.

The three boys had to introduce themselves (as their characters) before they began, and one of the boys introduced himself as, "George W. Bush, the President of the United States." This struck me as hysterical and I laughed aloud, trying to pretend like I was choking on my bottle of water rather than laughing; these boys were deadly serious. They saw nothing humorous in using the American president as a character on their game show; maybe they thought he had a wide knowledge of celebrities (the questions seemed to concentrate on celebrity trivia).

George W. Bush was on that game show to win. I think he did win, actually; there was a grand prize of one million baht. Way to go, George.

0 comments: