Thursday, August 2, 2007

I love midterms. Correction: I love midterms when I'm the teacher and not the student.

Here is a list of some of the things I've done recently during my midterm break:

1. Went to the labor office (again!) to pick up my work permit. I am now legal... at least until my current visa expires.
2. Nearly fallen off the curb when a police officer blew his offensively loud whistle right into my ear.
3. Enjoyed staying out late and sleeping in late.
4. Played sports vocabulary bingo with my two junior high students.
5. Gotten TWO paychecks. Count them, two!
6. Made a new British friend that I met at the Night Bazaar while perusing Lacoste knockoffs.
7. Walked to teach a class in a torrential downpour (I braved fierce winds and toxic cesspools).
8. Ate rhoti, a Thai dessert with fried bananas and chocolate, three nights in a row.
9. Done WAAY too much laundry.
10. Watched the entire first season of Arrested Development.

I don't know how I will ever be able to go back to work.

0 comments: