Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Explanation of pictures below:

I went to the Fourth of July celebration held at the American Consulate in Chiang Mai today. It was great. They had a live band and "American" food (Starbucks, pizza, hot dogs, McDonalds, Coors Light) and lots of tables to just sit and hang out. It wasn't really what I expected... but I'm not sure what I expected. Lots of people were there; I was a little surprised at how many. Once it got dark they had kareoke to popular songs celebrating Americana and fireworks. The fireworks were actually really decent. I was expecting a few little sparklers, but they went all out!

The pictures below are of the American flag over the consulate and of my friend Mark (who also teaches at CMU) and me.

2 comments:

Hemphill said...

Wow....I'm proud to be the first comment:) Sounds like life is amazing! Keep enjoying and writing. It's fun to see what life on the other side of the world is like.

R. Werner said...

Hi Megan,

You are a courageous young lady to travel so far from home, without friends and family nearby. I know the students at the unversity will truly be blessed by you.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with others. As Hemphill said, it's fun to see what life on the other side of the world is like. Be safe and keep writing.

Your friend in Christ,

Ronda Werner
First Pres