Saturday, May 26, 2007

Goodbye!


Well, I'm off! My plane leaves LAX tomorrow night at about 11:15. It is going to be hard to say goodbye to my parents and my friends at the airport, but I've been thinking about all the wonderful things that I'm returning to... naam manow, pad Thai, street markets, orchids and curry. I'm going to miss some things about America: driving a car, good Mexican food, and my Golden Retriever, to name a few. But my heart is at peace knowing that I get to go back to a country I consider my second home.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid. I am afraid. But I know that this is the place where God wants me to be with absolute certainty, and I get to do what I love to do - teach English Literature.

So say a prayer (or three, or four!) for me tomorrow night and the next week especially as I adjust to the language, the food, and the culture again. I'm excited to speak Thai... I hope I still remember. I will update you all again once I arrive and let you know my new phone number once I buy a cell phone. Please write me emails or leave commments... I want to stay an active part of your lives!

Sawatikhaa prateet America!

0 comments: