Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shamless plugs.

So I just have to mention two books that I just finished / am reading right now:

Atonement, by Ian McEwan - Beautiful, poetic, heart-breaking. I was inspired to read it before the movie comes out and I advise all of you to do the same! You won't regret it. It is an engrossing story set before, during and after World War II. Now I can't wait to see the movie, but I seriously think it won't do the book justice.

You Shall Know Our Velocity!, by Dave Eggers - Hysterical, wise, sharp. I've read his other book, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genuis, which is quasi-autobiographical, but this is his first novel. I really enjoy his voice and style of writing. Read it if you enjoy travelogues and strange adventures while in unusual places.

Perhaps if this whole grad school / career as a teacher thing doesn't work out I can become a blurbologist and write the blurbs on the back of book covers. Not a bad way to make a living.

0 comments: