Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

It doesn't feel much like Thanksgiving when it is 85 degrees out, but I went and had turkey and all the trimmings with some friends. We ate at a restaurant that had a special Thanksgiving buffet; I ate so much I felt like I could barely walk. It was delicious, but my only regret is that they didn't have homemade cranberry sauce like my mom makes. And I did miss watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. But you can't have everything!

I gave each of my classes a little lecture about this classic American holiday, the Pilgrims, and the celebration of the harvest. They weren't very interested, but they did know all about pumpkin pie.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'm reminded of how thankful I am for each of you, my family and friends.

0 comments: